On Wednesday 07 December 2005 16:33, Dominik Huber wrote:
> Phillip's Proposal:
> Furthermore, I propose to remove the |IDefaultLayer| interface. We've
> been using the |default| layer as a connotation of "always being
> available unless overridden by a more specific layer." However, this
> does not apply all the time: When the |default| layer is not included in
> a specific skin, nothing from the |default| layer will be found even
> though the ZCML statements suggest that it would always be available. I
> therefore propose to make the |default| skin layer an alias for
> |IBrowserRequest|. Anything registered for |default| will obviously
> always be available then, no matter what your skin layer looks like.

Oops, I missed that part. -1 on it, like Dominik. I originally did not have an
IDefaultLayer when I converted views to adapters and it caused a lot of
headaches for people. It was thus added and we all agreed it was needed.

Your connotation assertion here is incorrect. The default layer stands for:
"If the browser directive did not specify a layer, use the default layer." By
default, the Basic and thus Rotterdam skin incorporate that layer, but others
like Dominik and Garrett do not want to include that layer.

Stephan Richter