Shane Hathaway wrote:
> After I checked in code into the Zope 3 repository this week, I never
> saw corresponding notifications posted to the zope3-checkins mailing
> list.  I don't think I saw notifications for my checkins during 2005,
> either.
>
> Note that notifications have a "from" header matching the email address
> of the person checking in.  My wild guess is that:
>
> 1. The zope3-checkins list disallows posts from people not subscribed to
> the list.

Correct. It actually discards the messages, I think. Perhaps it should
just reject them.

> 2. Subversion thinks my address is still [EMAIL PROTECTED], but that
> address no longer exists.

Subversion will take whichever email address you gave for your zope.org
account.

> If I'm right, the list is rejecting posts from anyone who doesn't happen
> to be subscribed.  My suggestion is that checkin notifications should
> have a generic "from" header like "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".  Some other header can
> have the email address of the person checking in.

I strongly suggest that the Reply-To header would have the email of the
original person in this case. Because then it'll still be easy to simply
hit the "reply" button for check-in emails.

Philipp