Martijn Faassen wrote:
Sure, but it's not my point. I don't think sysadmins, familiar with Apache configuration syntax, are the audience for ZCML. Developers are. Therefore, an important benefit of ZConfig syntax, familiarity from Apache, goes away in case of ZCML.

Well, I can only speak for myself, but as a developer, I'm more familiar with .conf format and prefer it over xml for this kind of configuration...

While many developers may be familiar with Apache config syntax, not all are, and a random developer is more likely to be familiar with XML anyway.

...hmm, not sure I agree, don't have any evidence either way though :-/

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk