Shane Hathaway wrote:
Tres Seaver wrote:

Sidnei da Silva wrote:

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 02:02:19PM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
| Sidnei da Silva wrote:
| >
| >My original intention was to put the config file location in the
| >ZConfig schema, but that's *waaaay* too painful right now.
| | What's the specific problem here? I find adding to ZConfig schemas | pretty easy...

Yet you find ZCML declaring namespaces in ZCML files
annoying *wink*. Sometimes I don't understand you :)

+1 to that.  I think Chris doesn't really believe in the Second Law of
Python (according to the prophet Peters).

No, Chris just doesn't like XML namespaces. You can still have explicitness without XML namespaces.

I think I'm starting to grasp the XML division among Zope developers. ZConfig schema definitions use a conventional style of XML with deeply nested elements, text nodes, and no namespaces, while ZCML uses its own style with minimal nesting, many attributes, and many namespaces.

This style is hardly unique to ZCML.  Many XML languages work this
way, including, for example, XML Schema Definitions.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation