I think it is a huge mistake to lose Zope branding. After years of building up momentum behind a project, to head off into some strange developer code speak is just going to lose people who are not intimately involved.

The world, after many  years, gets versions. Stick to it.

Mac OS9 -> Mac OSX (10)

Here was a mistake:
Mosaic -> Netscape -> Netscape Communicator -> Netscape Gold -> Firebird -> Mozilla -> Firefox

How about:
Zope 2 -> Zope 3

You can change the core technologies, the packaging, the identity, but don't change the name.

"Zoping for the rest of us"