On Feb 28, 2006, at 7:39 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
So, my proposal would be to tone down the vision to what we have already: a co-evolving Zope 3 and Zope 2, with Zope 2 following and Zope 3 leading (or Zope 2 driving Zope 3 forward, however you want to see it). No renaming necessary. No change of course necessary. Zope 2 can stick to Zope 2 features as long as necessary so there's no rush to replicate Zope 2 functionality in Zope 3 any time soon. At the same time, Zope 2 requirements can drive the evolution of Zope 3.

I know I sound conservative here, but I'm actually happy with the way things are working now. Let's not fix what isn't broken. We can make incremental steps to making it better, and I'm glad people are starting to understand the ideas behind Five, but I don't see the need for a change of direction.

Regards,

Martijn

+1

Jake