answering to:

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/597

sorry I can't reply online (I don't have the permissions):

there are two possibilities:
- register a '@@registration.html' for objects that implement Components (this is what I did in http://svn.z3lab.org/trac/z3lab/changeset/3088). However it must be made in the application itself and it takes a while (at least it did for me) to find out why the registration mechanism does not work. An exception saying: "an object cannot be registered in itself" would help.

- fix the registration page/view zope3 and make sure that getSiteManager() does not return the object that one is trying to register.

I can add a fix, and a test, i.e. using the parent object, OK?

if sm == self.context:
   sm = component.getSiteManager(getParent(self.context))

that ought to be generic enough

regards
/JM