you might try a look at the recently released zc.async which allows you to leverage twisted asynchronous handling together with persistent objects (as far as I know right now, haven't looked at it personally yet).

Florian Lindner wrote:

I've just read the release announcement for Zope 2.10b2 and there is a clock server mentioned:

Added a "clock server" servertype which allows users to configure methods that should be called periodically as if they were being called by a remote user agent on one of Zope's HTTP ports. This is meant to replace wget+cron for some class of periodic callables.

Do Zope3 have something like this? Is someone working on backporting this?

Whereas I would prefer to configure in with ZCML directive and not in zope.conf.

Zope3-dev mailing list
Unsub: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/options/zope3-dev/ct%40gocept.com