Stephan Richter wrote:
On Tuesday 05 September 2006 07:55, Jim Fulton wrote:
On Sep 2, 2006, at 5:33 AM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
The order of arguments is the same. I think Jim wants the convenience functions in zope.component (provide*) to go away in favor of the explicit spelling through the global site manager. I think that before we do that, we should first abolish the term "site manager" from the zope.component API (because we don't call it site manager anymore).
Yup.

Since we are at it, I would love to have z3c.baseregistry in the core for Zope 3.4. Jim, I would like you to review it It is a pretty small package, so it should not take long.

+1

As a side note: I noticed the difficulty of writing about the "components registry" or just "components". I think this is somewhat facilitated by the fact that the module is called "*registry.py" and the classes "*Components".

Yeah, I was never a big fan of that nomenclature. I think the fact that "a components" is a singular/plural combination is confusing. I don't remember whether or not I told Jim that at PyCON, though.

I refer to these things as "component registries" in my new book, even though IComponentRegistry is just one half of IComponents (the other half is IComponentLookup). But what good is a registry if you can't do lookup things from it ;).

Philipp