yuppie wrote:
Overall, I would really like to find a person for each release being responsible for backporting bug fixes. It would be a relatively easy way to contribute to Zope 3.

IMHO maintaining the current stable branch should be the responsibility of all developers - if you fix a bug you should be familiar with the issue and best qualified for backporting the fix. But if this is resolved in a different way I'm fine with it - as long as the problem is resolved.

I agree that bugfixes on both stable and development branch should be the responsibility of all developers; I believe this is the normal way most projects deal with this. We can include this into our development process.

Unless of course this very special person that Stephan wishes for steps forward. :)