On Sep 25, 2006, at 1:49 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
I have a feeling that xpath is overkill.

I wish it was, but I don't think it is..

It alsoi won't work for actions defined in Python.

Wasn't aware you could do this, where can I find examples?

You can't yet. You can't use XPATH either. :)

I definately want to make it possible for people to specify actions in Python.

I'd rather see some sort of identifier system.

But that would mean every piece of zcml would need to have an id manually assigned as in id with the assigner ensuring that it's unique.

Not necessarily. actions already have discriminators which are, essentially ids. What's needed is a way of assigning ids to directives, mainly subscriber definitions, that don't have discriminators. I also think it would be useful to be able to assign ids to groups of configuration to make it easier to disable a collection of things that go together.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org