Tres Seaver wrote:
Heh, in this case using 'IString' is really a "trussed duck" (duck
typing with B&D) ;)  Python's duck typing breaks down with strings,
because they can by "quack tested" like sequences, but you almost
*never* want to treat them the same way as other sequences, so you end
up with 'isinstance(obj, basestr)' tests to prevent handling them that way.

True, and I guess for my uses, I'd be wanting to register adapter both too and from basestr, since that'd cover unicodes too, unless that would be bad ;)

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk