Hello Gary,

At the moment it is
    value = value()
    return None

So that will eat the exception without any signs.
That makes me also glum when I have to dig deep to discover that
something ate an exception.

I propose to remove the try/except.
Is that OK?

> On Nov 17, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Adam Groszer wrote:

>> Hello,
>> Two more questions remain open, but I think they are easy to answer.
>> In case the field is callable but the method to be called is None

> Yes, remove from index.

>> OR
>> The method is not None but raises an exception while getting the value

> I think the exception should be raised.  What to do here is a policy
> decision that shouldn't be controlled at the index level IMO.
> Generally I'd prefer a transaction abort, a system exception, and a
> log entry, for instance.  When that's not acceptable, it's usually
> within a part of a transaction that I again can control with a
> savepoint, so that I revert to before the change that caused the
> reindex, log the error, and proceed.

> I think and hope that what I'm describing for both situations is the
> status quo.

> Gary

Best regards,
 Adam                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quote of the day:
It is astonishing how little one feels poverty when one loves.
- John Bulwer