Hi Martijn

> Betreff: [Zope3-dev] relying on win32api in windows support
> ofzc.zope3recipes
>
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying on zc.zope3recipes on Windows. I notice that some
> of the tests rely on a module called win32api, which I assume
> is in the Win32 extensions that I haven't installed in my
> windows Python yet.
>
> Do we have to have win32api installed to make this work, or
> is it possible to lift this requirement?
>
> Was the original way to run Zope 3 trunk dependent on win32api?

I guess, but I'm not sure;
Python 2.5 includes ctypes which could be used as a
replacement for the win32 part.

To some previous questions in this thread.

I'm fine with any improvements and doctest cleanup. My
problem was, that I couldn't really merge the linux tests
into one document because I didn't had a linux box
when I wrote the implementation for testing.

I agree with the maintainance overhead. That's bad.

I also recognized the buildout difference in the tests. I guess
the egg version is older then the version then I used from the
trunk. I guess again, I think Jim did some improvments in
buildout and didn't change the tests in zope3recipe.

Could this be the case?

Regards
Roger