Hi Martijn

> Betreff: Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: AW: relying on win32api in
> windows supportofzc.zope3recipes

[...]

> We're just talking about Zope here, and installing Zope into
> its own buildout (possibly sharing eggs with another). This
> means we don't care much about installing the documentation
> anyway, just having the libraries importable so that Zope can
> do its work on windows.

Yes, but that's exactly the problem with the buildout
process.

The installation process right now with buildout is
not able to deal with anything which is not a egg and
it's horrible if it comes to 3rd party python library
weher no eggs are available. At least on windows.

I think we should support recipe for (exe, msi) installers
and other things like (zip) unzipper etc. Right now it's
a nightmare to use buildout if it comes to e.g. pysqlite.

[...]

Regards
Roger Ineichen