Hi. I am concerned about the announcement of python 3000 today that will break backwards compatibility. Zope and twisted are my favorite frameworks. The code base for both frameworks are not small. I haven't evaluated the changes but I can say this is a not great day for the python community either. I can see this dividing folks between present and future.

Particularly, I'm thinking about incompatibilities developing around packages and dependencies through some sort of drawn out transition by the python community that may take years. Has anyone thoughts or comments about python 3000 implications for zope? Unfortunately, my first thoughts are that Python 3000 feels like Y2K for python :-(. Many thanks.