Martin Aspeli wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:
I'm very much against making setuptools *more* complicated than it already is.
Indeed, but surely managing "known good" sets of components comes under its remit of version management?
Sure.  It does this via requirements.

Ok, forgive me for being dumb then, but why are we looking to add similar to zc.buildout?

We're talking more about a general pattern in zc.buildout. The deficiencies of using setup.py for this alone are described well in the original proposal.

Yup, and this was the reason for my original question to Jim: why do something in zc.buildout rather than fixing the problems with setuptools?

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk