Jim Fulton wrote:
I'm not too keen on trying to automate this with a Python script. I
suggest we start with a human script.
I think Philipp has a start at this. Philipp, could you remind
us where this is?
I suggest we review it and then post it prominately somewhere that
people (I) can easily find it.
Yes, that would be good. I
I, for one, promise to read it every time I make a release until I've memorized
It would be good if everybody could use it (as least the section on how
to make releases) as a step-by-step procedure every time. I certainly do
this now and as far as I remember, back in the one-big-tarball days, we
all did using the MakingARelease wiki page.
By the way, I'm planning on spelling out several more things:
* That you should never ever delete a release, even if it's a
"brown bag" release.
* That setup.py sdist should be run from a **clean** checkout of
the tag that you just created. That avoids
- forgetting to tag or tagging the wrong thing (happened to me
- forgetting to clean up the 'build' directory (happened to me
and my egg contained old stuff that shouldn't have been in there)
- forgetting to check in files; setuptools will only include package
data files that are in subversion (happened to me and other people)
* That you should check if the long_description renders as proper
reStructuredText before you update the PyPI page (reST errors will
cause the rendering to be all messed up.
Any other suggestions are highly welcome.
http://worldcookery.com -- Professional Zope documentation and training
Zope3-dev mailing list