On Sep 28, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
On 9/28/07, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
we could investigate whether we can't come up with something that:

* doesn't break the existing notation. The cleanest way to support
such non-interference seems to be to do this using an extra .adapt
method. This is unfortunate, as I at least consider it prettier if
it used the IFoo() syntax (even though I proposed .adapt).

I agree.

Hm, you agree with my evaluation, but would this mean you'd suggest we
use 'adapt' or extend the __call__ syntax?

In the short-to-medium term the adapt method is my preference.

After thinking about it, I think I can avoid the extra hook.  Don't
worry about the details. :)

Cool! The person that tries to implement this will have to worry about
them, though, so we'll get back to you on that, I'm sure.

Yup.

Do you suggest we extend zope.component with support for this, or
would you suggest we indeed create a new package?

You'll need to modify InterfaceClass to add the new adapt method and __call__ semantics. The hook installed by zope.component will need to be updated as well. I see no new package being warrented.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation