On Jun 30, 2005, at 1:15 PM, Florent Guillaume wrote:

Simon Forster  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Apologies for delay on reply - been away for 10 days.

I downloaded and installed Apple's latest Xcode Tools 2.1 prior to
the attempted compilation. From the documentation, this appears to
install GCC 4.0 and/or GCC 3.3. I'm guessing that the problems
cropped up with Apple's GCC 4.0 implementation.

Workaround was simple: compile on a machine running an earlier
version of Xcode Tools and then copy across the binaries.

You can switch witch version of GCC is used for compilation using
gcc_select.

FWIW, I've been building and running Zope 3 on Tiger, using gcc 4.0, since a few days after Tiger's release.

I use (non-framework) Pythons (2.4.1) built from source. My hunch, that could easily be wrong, is that you were trying to compile Zope 3 with gcc 4, and your Python was compiled with gcc 3.3. I got into a bit of trouble with that at one point, I seem to recall.

Gary