On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 07:22:28 -0400
 Jim Washington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ronald L Chichester wrote:

I downloaded ZopeX3-3.0.1 and Zope3.1 (final). The ./configure | make | make install (as root) went without a hitch. However, when I went to make an instance (with either 3.0.1 or 3.1) I got a "Could not locate Zope software installation!"

In both cases, I used the default settings (i.e., Zope was made in /usr/local/Zopex/

I used /usr/local/ZopeX3x/bin/mkzopeinstance -u manager:secret

... and got the error message.

I've seen this before in the bug track list, but has anyone got a workaround? I'm using Zope on Gentoo Linux (2.6.13-r2 kernel) with python 2.3.5 and and GCC 3.4.4.

Just a guess.  Do you have net-zope/zopeinterface installed?  It
provides a package named "zope" in /usr/lib/[system
python]/site-packages.  This might make weird namespace issues.

Nope. Not this time. For one, I've had notoriously bad luck with that application (I prefer to install from source myself). Secondly, the package that you mentioned is masked for my architecture (~amd64).

Good thought, though.

Ron