Wade Leftwich wrote:
Guido van Rossum is looking for a web app framework.

http://blog.delaguardia.com.mx/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=34&blogId=1

Zope is conspicuous by its absence from the discussion. Hardly a
mention, and no advocacy at all.  Is Zope just too heavyweight for the
project he has in mind? Or what?

Seems Guido answer your questions himself. Quote from http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=106&thread=146503:

"""From this perspective, Zope and Twisted are off the scale: they support the mix-and-match approach, offering several alternative solutions for many of the important issues (templating, persistence, authentication, etc.). But they only work if you drink lavish quantities of their particular flavor of kool-aid, and that's not good enough for me. I don't want to depend on any particular flavor of interfaces, adaptation, serialization, discovery, etc. I'm looking for solutions that depend only on the Python standard library, and use accepted Python idioms and patterns. Any takers?"""

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
    http://hlabs.spb.ru