On Feb 9, 2006, at 3:53 PM, Max M wrote:

Edward Pollard wrote:

Second, the existence of Zope 3 has completely shot any support for Zope 2 continuation out of the water in our environment. Is this fair, or is there life left to the Zope 2 tree we've developed some experience in? Should I be considering pitching a Zope 2 solution instead?

Why don't you just install Five, and take it from there? Your old codebase can be gradually updated to Zope^3 technologies.

Is this a viable strategy? We'd really be starting from scratch, so would such an approach enhance our work or hold us back?

It seems the more I read about Five the less I understand the point of Zope3, but I chalk that up to my ignorance.

Ed