Reinoud van Leeuwen wrote:
On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 09:15:42PM +0100, Florian Lindner wrote:
I also think that pure Latex would be the best choice. It's convertible into a lot different formats and can be edited just using a simple text editor.

Isn't Docbook a better choice? Is is specially designed for documents like this, and easily parsable. lots of tools around. It can (AFAIK) be read and written by Open Office or any text editor.

If I can use a real word processor to edit stuff (ie: OpenOffice) then I'd much prefer to see this...

I find it ironic the one of the first uses of PCs was to do word processing, and yet we seem to always strive to edit plain text of one variety or another, and yes, that includes latex ;-)