Hi,

Siddhartha Azad schrieb am 07.05.2006 08:10:

> Hi,
> I am starting to work with Zope3 am having trouble
> understanding a few things. I bought the Zope 3 Book
> and installed the worldcookery application in my

what does that mean?  The book tells you to create an application step
by step. If you follow these steps then you can tell us in which step is
which problem.

Don't forget the book is about Zope X3.0. Maybe you installed Zope 3.2
and there are some changes.

> instance's lib/python directory and configured the
> .zcml files too.
> But when I do a http://localhost:8080/worldcookery, I
> get:
>
> "
> [top]
>
> The page that you are trying to access is not
> available
>
> Please note the following:
>
>    1. You might have misspelled the url
>    2. You might be trying to access a non-existing
> page
> "
> I understand I can develop content types and views and
> ZPTs and place them in a folder as a package. But
> unless I have made it through the ZMI, I am unable to
> access it. Why is that? What URL should I be using for
> a newly developed folder that I didn't add through the
> ZMI but which is installed in my Zope Instance's
> lib/python and configured in the  ZCML files?
> This is really confusing me leading to a fundamental
> question, which is, how do you really develop a
> website with ZOPE?
> I would appreciate any help.
> Thanks, Sid.

- --
Egon Frerich, Freudenbergstr. 16, 28213 Bremen

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]