Hi John,

John Smith wrote:
I am a little unclear into which object I should add the nextURL
method.

In myclass/browser/configure.zcml I have addMenuItem and addForm
directives. I have tried adding the nextURL method to the class
specified in the 'class' parameter of the addForm directive. That
does not work.

That is where mine is. Here is the addform configuration:

<browser:addform
    label="Add Folder with Index page"
    name="addmontifolder.html"
    schema="zope.app.folder.interfaces.IFolder"
    permission="zope.ManageContent"
    template="addmontifolder.pt"
    class=".addmontifolder.MontiFolder"
    content_factory="zope.app.folder.folder.Folder"
    />

And this is a fragment of the addmontifolder.py file:

class MontiFolder(ViewPage):

    """This class reads the form data and creates a new folder with index
    page and menu. The created folder is actually a standard folder and the
    created page is a standard page template.
    """

    # nextURL is used to determine where to go after making a new object

    def nextURL(self):

Look at your traceback to find out why it does not work.

Cliff

Stephan replied that the zope.app.form classes is where to override
the nextURL method, but where do I fit a zope.app.form instance into
my configuration?

Thanks,

John

Cliff Ford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: This is an example mextURL
function that I used to add a folder containing a page, and then go
to the folder. Going to the page is just an addition to the last
line.

HTH

Cliff

def nextURL(self):

""" This function is called for redirection after folder creation. We
can use it to fill out metadata collected from a custom add form. """

 --------------------------------- Yahoo! Cars NEW - sell your car
and browse thousands of new and used cars online search now ---------------------------------