Jim Fulton wrote:

On Jul 18, 2006, at 2:55 PM, David Pratt wrote:

Hi Jim. I was noticing a 0.4.0-zope in distutils

I don't know what you mean by this.

that looks patched with NotImplementedErrors for the offending code in docutils.parsers.rst.directives.misc. Can you when this will land in the Zope3 trunk?

Hi Jim.

Yes, I mean docutils, sorry.

If you mean patching the docutils, then as far as I'm concerned, it will never land in the Zope 3 trunk.

The right solution to this problem is to write applications that use docutils correctly, not to patch docutils.

You are probably right but just the same I'd rather see the patched version for z3 also since I am certain this will become less obvious over time if it is left the way it is.

Alternatively, perhaps a text file for these security issues could be included in the distribution so it is not forgotten with any recommendations for a programmer to avoid known security issues.

Regards,
David