Hi Stephan. Could a Zope3 branch be set up in the zope repository so that your enhanced tables code can be added to the branch (so contents view refactored using it)? The contents view class could be the model for using the tables package in zope3. In fact, it could be become the base class with overrides to columns for custom views to provide sorting and batching (with the capability of displaying DC data).

I like the idea of using divs to create generic presentation structures with batching and sorting capability. I had similar thoughts of modifying zc.tables to do something similar (after reading the code).

Has anyone an opinion about Boston vs Rotterdam as default skin and
the need for a generic batching utility? I think at some point, it is time to say out with the old and in with the new - particularly since viewlets factor largely in skinning (and skinning flexibility). I think if this is what is advocated for skinning, Zope3 ought to be presented with a default skin that uses this approach. Many thanks.