Hi Darryl,

That is how I had the IFosterRecord interface before, and I got a lot more errors than just __setitem__. I am only getting the __setitem__ error now, after changing it to something like:

class IFosterRecord(Interface):

  contains('.IFosterSource')

  title = TextLine(...)

and the implementation is:

class FosterRecord(BTreeContainer):

  implements(IFosterRecord)

  title = FieldProperty(IFosterRecord['title'])

I think the problem is coming from contains(). Do I need to create another interface just for the contains()? Maybe something like IFosterSourceContainer. Or is there another way to fix this error? Thank you for the reply.

--
Rob Campbell

Darryl Cousins wrote:
Hi Rob,

__setitem__ is likely also part of your IFosterRecord interface.

class IFosterRecord(IContainer)   #?

and this is causing the conflict.

Regards,
Darryl