Rob Campbell wrote:
Ok, that's what I thought.  How can I fix the problem?

What problem?

(Yeah, I know, I could read your original post now but I think you'll be able to figure it out by youself now. You'll just have to work with the fact that contains() adds a __setitem__ declaration to your interface.)

I think I can create an IFosterSourceContainer interface and have the
constraint there. Then I would have to implement that interface for
FosterRecord. Would that work? Also, is there any other/better way to
do it?

*Usually* we only deal with contains() within IContainer-derived interfaces anyway. That doesn't mean you have to go and implement IContainer now.