Fabio Rizzo Matos wrote:
Olha pq não estava rolando os nossos pontos!

/me precisamos corrigir o agx para gerar os nomes de pacotes com
pontos. Hoje ele está substituindo para ponto.

English, please.

abraços

On 9/23/06, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
George Lee wrote:
> I am trying to be a good programmer and create pure Zope packages instead of
> Plone products when possible.

That's great! Note that you will either need Zope 2.10 or Zope 2.9 +
Five 1.4 for this.

> How do dotted package names (like plone.portlets or dotted.name) work? In
> \zopeinstance\lib\python, is the package actually in
> \zopeinstance\lib\python\dotted.name, or is it in
> \zopeinstance\lib\python\dotted\name?

The latter.

> What is the purpose of using the dotted name?

Short answer: package namespaces.

Long answer: Say you're creating a widget library. You could call your
package simply "widget". But then if I create a widget library and
called it "widget", too, we'd have a conflict and couldn't use them at
the same time. That's why you call your package "george.widget" and I'll
call my package "philikon.widget". Makes sense?