On 25.09.2006, at 06:05, Andrew Groom wrote:

Hi All,

I have a component that's doing a database connection, and the connection is described in configure.zcml as:

        <rdb:provideConnection name='my_db'
                component='psycopgda.adapter.PsycopgAdapter'
                dsn='dbi://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/dbname' />

The problem is that this file is being committed to subversion then deployed to a production site, overwriting the production settings. I'd like to have a nice tidy way of having a bunch of settings like this for my development environment in some sort of optional local include file. I thought the <include> directive might do it for me, but it seems to ignore any settings in the local file, and when I use <includeOverrides> I get a config conflict error.

i always use the site.zcml file of the instance for such things

you have to do the development specific configuration there too, otherwise you get confilicts

regards, Bernd

Any suggestions as to the best way to handle this ?

Cheers, Andrew.