Why not just use a mutex (a recursive lock makes things easier too)?

lock = threading.RLock()
lock.acquire()
try:
finally:
  lock.release()

On Sep 26, 2006, at 9:19 AM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Jim Washington wrote:
Hi
I need to produce PDFs with reportlab.
reportlab is not threadsafe. (http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/ reportlab-users/2006-June/005037.html) I think I need a way to queue or generate a "lockfile" on requests for PDFs so that only one-at-a-time is generated. I'm hoping that there is a utility for this already, but search in the source for queue or serialize or lock gets me a lot of stuff that does not seem to relate to what I want. This looks like it would be a relatively simple utility. Has this been done yet? Any hints?

You may want to look at zc.queue: http://svn.zope.org/zc.queue/ trunk/src/zc/queue/queue.txt?rev=67933&view=auto