Chris Withers wrote:
Chris McDonough wrote:
Why not just use a mutex (a recursive lock makes things easier too)?

Yeah, Big Fat Lock has been my solution with Reportlab, worked well under high load for several years.

I don't use RLocks myself, paranoia says they're not big or fat enough ;-)

Thanks, all, for the variety of interesting methodologies for addressing this.

I am going with the threading.Lock idea.

RLock would be overkill, since the module does not do anything foreseeably reentrant. And, I would not want to think myself insufficiently paranoid. :)

-Jim Washington