On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 10:10:20PM +0100, Florian Lindner wrote:
> Yes, it works fine but now I have another problem:
> The tempate contains links like:
> <a tal:attributes="href context/@@contact.html/@@absolute_url">kontakt</a>
> contact.html is registered for the interface (IXGM) of the object in which
> the
> object that should use the template (IBlog) resides. But in the IBlog context
> there is no contact.html.

So, if I understand you correctly, you have URLs like

where myview.html uses the template above, and you want that view to
have an absolute URL to

> What is the best way to work around this?
> - Register contact HTML for all interfaces?

> - Make them static (no TAL) links?

That would work.  <a href="../../contact.html">...</a>

> Both are ways I don't really like.

Or you could use

  <a tal:attributes="href

The pattern is to get to the desired new context of the view you want to
link to, apply @@absolute_url to it, and then concatenate the new view
name to that string.

(It might be a nice extension to the AbsoluteURL view(s) to make them
traversable so that you could say obj/@@absolute_url/something_to_append
in a TALES expression.  But it wouldn't work when something_to_append
starts with '@@'.)

Marius Gedminas
Never, ever expect hackers to be able to read closed proprietary document
formats like Microsoft Word. Most hackers react to these about as well as you
would to having a pile of steaming pig manure dumped on your doorstep.
        -- ESR (http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html)