David Johnson wrote:
Yes. Excuse my lack of explanation. When developing an eCommerce site, a customer will in the end need to check out. They will have a shopping cart (which can be handled through sessions and a SQL database), and then they will need to select a form of payment, a delivery address, and complete their purchase. It's been my experience this is one the most difficult parts of an eCommerce application.

I've written parts of a shopping cart / checkout mechanism for an ecommerce site once (though admittedly not with Zope 3 but Zope 2). Do you have any specific questions? You seem to have the right idea already with sessions, etc. (though nothing in an ecommerce application nor a shoppingcart implementation requires a SQL database).

If I had to do it all over again in Zope 3, I'd most probably leverage the form data validation and form handler action mechanisms zope.formlib has to offer.

2nd edition of Web Component Development with Zope 3 is now shipping!