David Johnson wrote:
The best process I've come up with so far is the following:
1. Create a Container that can contain only IStep (which I call IWizard)
2. Create components that are derived from or provide IStep
3. Add the components and sort them according to the order they should be displayed.
4. Create a view on the container that guides the user through the steps.

You don't need to create objects just for the sake of displaying a form. Its also expensive to do this every time somebody puts something in the shopping cart or goes to checkout.

I'd keep the data in sessions; zope.formlib is flexible enough to be customized where its initial data comes from (sessions) and where to put it after form submittal (sessions, SAP, etc.).

See my other reply.

2nd edition of Web Component Development with Zope 3 is now shipping!