Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Martin Aspeli wrote:
Marius Gedminas wrote:
On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 09:55:19AM +0000, Martin Aspeli wrote:
Dennis Schulz wrote:
I dont know if it is the "proper" way,
but when I return an empty string there is no validation error.

This was also one of the strangest things I found out with formlib.....
I found that returning {} also works.
The validator is supposed to return a list of errors.  Neither '' nor {}
are lists.  () is a list.  I use

    @form.action("Cancel", validator=lambda *a: ())
    def cancel(self, action, data):

But this is clearly a design weakness if there is no other way of doing it. Something like validator=NULL_VALIDATOR would be fine, or some kind of decorator.
+1 for allowing

    @form.action("Cancel", validator=form.no_validation)
I added something similar to, but there really, really should be support for this use case in formlib in a non-hacky way.

We happily accept patches through collector entries. Actually, aren't you a committer? :)

No, not yet, paperwork scares me. And I'm looking into it. I'm just not quite sure I (want to) understand the full validation mechanism in formlib. We could obviously have such a null-validator in formlib itself for import. However, I wonder if it shouldn't be something a bit less hacky, e.g. a different type of decorator or some different option passwed to the @form.action decorator.