Derek Richardson wrote:
> I am using hexagonit.recipe.cmmi to install pound (www.apsis.ch/pound)
> in front of zope. After I cmmi, I need to install a config file. I'd
> like to include the pound config file in buildout.cfg, like the zcml
> section in zc.zope3recipes:application. Is there a simple recipe for
> making a file out of a section in the buildout.cfg and putting it in a
> particular place? Or is there a 'best' recipe to use to get close? Or is
> this a reason to write a new recipe from scratch and contribute it? I
> see this simple functionality as having many use cases.

Hi Derek,
this is how we setup our nginx with buildout in front of zope:

[nginx]
recipe = zc.recipe.cmmi
url = http://sysoev.ru/nginx/nginx-0.5.31.tar.gz
extra_options = --with-poll_module

[nginx-ctl]
recipe = lovely.recipe:mkfile
path = ${buildout:bin-directory}/nginx
mode = 0755
content =
 #!/bin/sh
 PIDFILE=${nginx:location}/logs/nginx.pid
    case "$1" in
      start)
${nginx:location}/sbin/nginx -c ${buildout:directory}/src/lovelybooks/nginx.conf
        ;;
      stop)
        kill -QUIT `cat $PIDFILE`
        ;;
      reload)
        kill -HUP `cat $PIDFILE`
      ;;
      restart|force-reload)
        $0 stop
        sleep 1
        $0 start
        ;;
      *)
echo "Usage: $SCRIPTNAME {start|stop|restart|reload|force-reload}" >&2
        exit 1
        ;;
    esac

Here we create a start script using lovely.recipe.mkfile .

lovely.recipe also containe mkdir to create a directory.

Hope this helps.

Jürgen

Thanks,

Derek