Derek Richardson wrote:
So, is there an easy way to do it? I know I can write a recipe, but a recipe seems heavyweight for this. It seems to me that access to these two values should be built into buildout as implicit variables. Is this contrary to the lightweight, pluggable design philosophy?

What's the use case here? I can't think of many good uses for something that's going to vary depending on who's running the buildout.

Secondly, buildout and at least the recipes we like to promote are cross-platform. This may not be as easy to achieve on Windows.

Thirdly, users can be in multiple groups, so at least you'd need a list, which may not lend itself so well to the standard way of using variables in buildout.

Acquisition is a jealous mistress