On 10.10.2007, at 16:46, Roger Ineichen wrote:

Hi Christian

An: zope3-users@zope.org
Betreff: [Zope3-Users] Re: header trouble

I have written the line '<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>' in the header of my main
skin-file but it does'nt show up in the browser. The lines
above and
below this one are displayed.

I can't find out what's wrong with my headers. Any suggestions?

Zope reads the meta-header when it reads your file to
determine the file encoding. It then converts it to unicode
and sends a real Content-Type header. This way it would be
possible to have mixed encodings on the disk which is of
course not possible in one page.

I recognized this a long time ago but didn't take a closer
look at that.

The spec seems to say that we should provide a Content-Type
in the header.

7.2.1 Type
Any HTTP/1.1 message containing an entity-body SHOULD include
a Content-Type header field defining the media type of that body.

Do you have more information about that? Is it Ok to skip
the Content-Type from the header?

But we *are* sending a Content-Type header. And we remove the http- equiv thingy from the page template file in favour of the HTTP header.
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891