On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 11:32:13AM +0100, Frank Burkhardt wrote:
> my zope 3 server contains a modified principal folder which is updated
> on a regular basis via XMLRPC. This usually works fine but after some days,
> the
> update process makes the zope server raise this error:
>  InvalidObjectReference: Attempt to store a reference to an object from a
> separate connection to the same database or multidatabase
> Restarting the server fixes the problem for some days.
> I'm quite sure, this is some bug in my update code but I don't really know,
> what I've to look for. Does anyone have an idea?

I suspect you're abusing global variables.  Zope has one ZODB connection
per thread.  Somehow an object loaded/stored in one thread is being
referenced from a different thread.  The most common way to pass data
between threads is to use globals (or accidental shared state, e.g.
class attributes, or mutable default method arguments).

Marius Gedminas
Westheimer's Discovery:
        A couple of months in the laboratory can
        frequently save a couple of hours in the library.