On Wednesday 23 January 2008, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2008 10:12 AM, Peter Koppatz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What has changed between 1.7.0 and 1.7.2?
> >
> > ls -al | wc -l
> >
> > 1.7.0 --> 76
> > 1.7. 2 --> 47
> > there are no *-txt , *.zcml anymore!
> Someone must have built the release tarball from a fresh SVN export;
> setup.py does not include txt and zcml files and such by default when
> building a release tarball, while a development egg would include
> those. In other words, the maintainer of z3c.form (and I mean YOU,
> Stephan) should add a MANIFEST.in with the lines "global-include
> *.txt" and "global-include *.zcml" in it and re-roll the release.

The problem are faulty ZIP files that do not open correctly in Linux. The ZCML
and Text files are there, but are not extracted correctly by setuptools.
Roger forgot to create the releases with the "--format" option.

I have removed 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 from the repository and PyPI, because they were
not bug fixes anyways, but new feature releases warranting a 1.8 release. I
have uploaded the 1.8.0 release now to PyPI.

Stephan Richter
Google me. "Zope Stephan Richter"