Christophe Combelles wrote:
Christophe Combelles a écrit :

I have a very simple buildout that tries to use the KGS:
newest = false

And my has (among others)
install_requires=[(......)  ,'z3c.formui']

a buildout -vv tells me that :

Adding find link '' from z3c.formui 1.4.1
We have no distributions for ZODB3 that satisfies 'ZODB3'.
Processing ZODB3-3.9.0-dev-r77011.tar.gz

So I get a development version of ZODB instead of 3.8

Is there a problem with z3c.formui?
Is there a way to tell buildout to *NEVER* use anything else than the KGS,
so that it fails with an error instead of deciding what I should use?

Ok for this one, I just have to copy-paste all the versions from into the buildout.cfg.

That's quite unnecessary. Just do:

  extends =
  versions = versions

That way you don't even need the 'index' option.

But why did the index change in the middle of the buildout?
If I don't hardcode all the versions, it begins with an index ('zope3.4') and changes to another index ('distribution') in the middle, so that all subsequent packages are downloaded from that second index.

If you read buildout's message carefully, you'll see that http://../distribution wasn't added as an index. There can only ever be *one* index anyway. It was added as a find-links location by z3c.formui:

Adding find link '' from z3c.formui 1.4.1

As this case points out very well, the locked down index isn't necessary a guarantee for ending up with a well-defined set of packages. Nailing version numbers in buildout.cfg (see above) yields much more predictable results.