On Feb 3, 2008 1:12 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen
> As this case points out very well, the locked down index isn't necessary
> a guarantee for ending up with a well-defined set of packages. Nailing
> version numbers in buildout.cfg (see above) yields much more predictable
> results.

There's also the [buildout] prefer-final option; setting that to
"true" avoids accidental usage of bleeding-edge releases.

I generally prefer to nail all the versions in a [versions] section,
and then set [buildout] allow-picked-versions to false.  Some tell me
that's overkill, but when getting something ready for production,
that's essential, so better to live with it in development as well,
and choose when I want to pay the price for updates.