On Feb 14, 2008, at 2:58 PM, David Pratt wrote:

Hi. I have done some fairly sophisticated buildouts over the past year but here's something I have not done with an extension before now that I thought ought to be possible:

[buildout]
extends = ${some-part:path}/foo/bar.cfg

[some-part]
path = /some/where/on/my/filesystem

This produces an error while initializing since it is unable to find the file but works correctly if the full path is provided. I use substitutions like this all over the place. Should they not work in the buildout part as well? Many thanks.

Substitutions don't work for extends because extension (assembling files to create a configuration database) happens before substitutions.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation