Hi Jim. Thank you for your reply. I use a number of separate config files for buildouts, some with longer paths - was hoping to shorten them up a bit to make them clearer (particularly if they originate from same root).

One other thing that I have not yet seen is using the part name within the part which would be useful. Something like:

baz = bar
log = /some/path/${foobar:?}-${foobar:baz}.log

Many thanks.