On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> AFAIK this is the only DA with GPL license.
> Both Zope and python have much freer licenses making GPL probably
> a poor choice if you "aims to replace the current ZPygresql DA".
> What is the reason behind GPL'ing it ?

   Aha, well, the GPL-vs-BSD-vs-MPL-vs...! :)))

   As PostgreSQL mailing list member you (like me) saw these debates many
times. I don't think we need to continue the flame here :)
   There are people who loke BSD-style licensing, and there are GPL
devotee. In this far-from-ideal world it is hard to say what is more free.
I, personnaly, love GPL and publish whatever I can under GPL.

    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      [EMAIL PROTECTED]