On Mon, 03 Jul 2000, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> There are several messages in the mailing list archives explaining how
> to set these headers. Im still planning to write that HowTo one
> day....

i've followed the thread with interest, and test some of the solutions.  but,
ie doesn't really honor the headers, me think.  or maybe i'm too dense!

what i did:
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('expires',(_.DateTime() +
.001).toZone('GMT').strftime('%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S GMT'))">
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('cache-control','no-cache')">
 %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S GMT') )">

in the very top of my standard_html_header

netscape rendered great, while ie will give me intermittent result.  most of
the time, it spits out old pages, which is a nono since this is a news site!

> These products that cache stuff internal to Zope are great if you need
> zope to process the cached data (from your desciption, you dont)
i'm not following you here.  (i'm  a newbie.   sometimes, it's a great excuse

i thought of it as a cache to all dynamic calls, so i got a static page, with
no need for processing dynamic objects (e.g date time, getting objects from
other objects, etc)  correct me if  i'm wrong

maybe [EMAIL PROTECTED](cachepool author) can chime in here.

> If you need to cache whole requests, then the best approach is to
> understand and use the http cache headers. If processor load is your
> main problem, an external http cache is a big advantage too (I use
> squid, see http://www.squid-cache.org)
i'll try and look into this again.  will also look into squid.

> Toby Dickenson

Am I Evil?