Chris Withers wrote:
> Bill Anderson wrote:
> > What happens when the object is in multiple racks?
> > (Assuming it is possible)
> Then it'll be missing if something tries to get it from a rack. The same
> thing as would happen if something tried to get it from a single rack
> after it'd been deleted. So this case should be covered anywhere as it's
> essentially 'what happens if an object that doesn't exist is requested
> from a rack?'

Actually I was thinking of the case where it may, or may not, need to
delete itss elf from multiple racks it sits in.

> That said, can you give em an example where it would eb useful to have
> one object stored in multiple racks?

Not quite sure, but I get a feeling some of the advanced ideas for
portal content could make use of it. It's just a gut feeling, I'm still
wrapping my brain around ZPatterns . ;) Lemme think about it, I am sure
I can come up with one or two. As to whether there would be any
advantage to it, would be another thing.

ISTR someone talking about possibly using multiple racks recently.

"Linux: the operating system with a CLUE...
Command Line User Environment".

seen in a posting on